Crochet Bits and Pieces

Welcome to my blog! I hope you enjoy your visit. May your blessings be large, your troubles be small and may each day bring something new and exciting into your life. :))

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Baby Soft Washers!

My bff is going to be a grandmother once again and I so wanted to make  a small contribution. Knowing my friend Pat, there will be loads of crocheted and sewn bunny rugs, baby bibs, bootees etc. I found a lovely pattern on Ravelry called Oh So soft Baby Washcloths I really love this pattern, so easy to make. I used a 4 ply cotton with a 4.50 hook so I had to add more stitches to get the size right but I got the result I wanted, a nice sized washer for a baby. I plan to make 4 of different colours...  :)

Heirloom 4 ply pure cotton

Another washer on the way

The first two finished


 I chose a different edging to that of the pattern which called for a crab stitch edging.


I have also started my first attempt at a twelve point afghan. I am quite happy with  the way it is coming out and with the colours. Still a lot more to do but it seems to have grown quickly to this point. The first yarn I chose didn't work out very well as it was too stiff so I bought some softer yarn that I think worked out much better.


3 comments:

  1. Lovely I know the parents will be so thrilled you have made these for their little one :) Thanks GF..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your star rug is taking shape beautifully Tina .. :))

    ReplyDelete