Crochet Bits and Pieces

Welcome to my blog! I hope you enjoy your visit. May your blessings be large, your troubles be small and may each day bring something new and exciting into your life. :))

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Been a busy girl!!

Although it is still difficult for me to crochet, I did manage to add the finishing touches to my tablet cover early this morning when I couldn't get back to sleep.. So here it is at last...
A few embelishments..

A beautiful rose the same colour...
Add to that, I delivered my quilt to Esme's for machine quilting. I usually do my own quilting, either by hand or sewing machine. This time I wanted something a bit special..

This is the quilt ready for quilting..


I also tried some 5 minute blocks this afternoon. Only two but you can get an idea of different patterns made with this very simple block.

This is the 5 minute block..





It's so easy to switch them around until you get the design you want..


4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty ├┐ellow".. That rose is stunning, does it have fragrance ??
    Your new quilt is going to look wonderful I just love the arrangement of the squares and the border sets it off.
    Now these 5 minute squares are brilliant.. I also have made them in 4 patch...very pleased them.. Now ... What are you thinking of making :))
    hugs pat..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat.. Thanks for your comment. Yes, the rose does have a fragrance, it is called 'Freesia' and it lives up to it's name..

      Delete
  2. Love your tablet cover Tina - very pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Dorothy.. So pleased to have been able to get some crochet done.. xoxo

      Delete