Crochet Bits and Pieces

Welcome to my blog! I hope you enjoy your visit. May your blessings be large, your troubles be small and may each day bring something new and exciting into your life. :))

Friday, May 2, 2014

A Couple of Bargains and more Crochet!!

Visited the local charity shop yesterday and got a couple of great books very cheaply. One is an older book on crochet, which cost just 50 cents. 




The other is a really lovely book  that contains pictured as well as written instructions for knitting, crochet, needlepoint, embroidery, patchwork, quilting, applique and finishing your projects as well as explaining how to read patterns for the above..
And for only $4.00 on sale.. Just about everything you would need in one book.. Just couldn't believe my good luck. So fortunate to have found it.. Love finding a bargain..  :)

I have missed being able enough to do my craft work so much. Still can't use the sewing machine but I have been getting some crochet done. Here are a few of my little   completed projects and one I am still working on..
A small dishcloth and a scrubber. Works really well too without scratching anything.     
A washer and small soap sack.
A washer and a dishcloth in Christmas colours.
A double thickness potholder in progress crocheted in Sugar & Cream 8ply cotton. Works up quite thick.
             The link to the pattern can be found Here. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love a bargain... you have done well to find these books are you going to make any of the items in them ?? Love the colours you are using in your crochet :)) hugs pat ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat. Thanks for visiting my blog and thanks for your kind comments.
    Haven't quite decided yet what to make but the book will certainly make a big difference to finishing anything I do make.. Hugs... :)

    ReplyDelete