Crochet Bits and Pieces

Welcome to my blog! I hope you enjoy your visit. May your blessings be large, your troubles be small and may each day bring something new and exciting into your life. :))

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Links!

Had a phone call from my friend Pat this morning asking me to try out a pattern in the Mon Tricot book called "The Links". Lovely pattern but not easy to read and follow. After some consideration and much discussion I think we have it worked out. This is my version and it will be interesting to compare it with Pat's sometime soon. I used a size 3.50 hook and an 8ply yarn but it works up quite lacy with a larger hook.
The ends are a bit difficult to work out as the pattern seems to be unfinished. However, it is a pretty pattern. I would be interested in any opinions about it.  Here is the pattern as it is written.

The Links.
Multiple of 3+1
Row1. 3 chain, *wrh, insert hook, wrh draw though a loop, miss 2 sets, wrh, insert hook wrh, draw through a loop , wrh, draw through 5 loops on hook. Ch 2. Repeat from *inserting hook in same stitch.
Row 2 and all following rows. Insert hook in stitch which drew together 5 loops on previous row. Finish row by inserting hook in second stitch of previous row.

I think I have done it correctly but as there aren't any pictures  of the end of the row I'm not sure. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know, it would be really appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Well done Tina, I love the colour of your crochet... Thanks for all your help this morning, I agree, the ends of the rows are not finished to me but ... its looking pretty good otherwise :)) Thought I would make a scarf .. Any thoughts on what you will make??? Hugs pat :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure Patricia.. No thoughts at present but it would make a nice washer and a scarf would be lovely.. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.. :)

      Delete